Your customers are using Wi-Fi while they're in your brick-and-mortar store. Make it easy to like and share their experience so you can benefit from additional sales to their network of friends. Learn how with these great social media integration tips.
The Sociology of Social Media
Social media sites have a sociology of their own. Just like any group, some people will be attracted by what one offers, and other people will feel more at home with another. The key to integrating social media into your Wi-Fi marketing platform is to know who your current customers are, but keep your strategy flexible enough to widen the net. Afraid you’ll lose customers if you don’t do it right? Learn more here to help you find the perfect balance to keep sales coming.
What People Like
Facebook is by far the most popular and most used social media site, with more than 1.6 billion active users. Facebook is responsible for 75 percent of traffic to retail establishments and its click through rate is up 160 percent year-over-year. And Facebook rules Fridays, with 16 percent of all likes and shares and one-quarter of all video plays occurring on this day every week. For social success, plan Facebook content for every day of the week, but hit it harder on Fridays for optimal engagement.
What People Share
Facebook engagement is just the start. With video plays up 785 percent year-over-year, sites like YouTube, Vine and Tumblr are also great social shares. Photos are the most shared content on social media, making up the entire foundation of Pinterest, 87 percent of shares on Facebook and 35 percent of retweets on Twitter. Sharing your content through links to your other channels increases your shares and your sales potential.
Social Strategies for Sharing the Sale
- Attract customers with shareable photos and videos on your Wi-Fi landing page. It's the first thing they see, so make it worth the sign-in.
- Make your splash page social-friendly with like, share, pin and tweet buttons.
- Spread the word by asking customers to check-in with social sites like Yelp when they sign in to your Wi-Fi.
- Engage customers with shareable deals, customized for each social media site so their friends can share, too.
- Retain customers and gain new ones by asking for reviews. Everyone will get to see how great you are!
All of these capabilities are native features in the Bloom Intelligence platform, and help build positive connections between your customers and the members of their social networks.
For more great ideas on integrating social media into your plan, schedule a demo with Bloom Intelligence. You'll have an experience worth sharing!